Bridges are lab made fixed prosthesis that replace missing teeth by using the teeth adjacent to the gap to carry the bridges.
- Fixed: No need to take them out at night
- They carry long term prognosis if selected properly
- Better masticatory function and aesthetic
- More hygienic than denture
- Bridges need two strong adjacent teeth to carry.
- They could jeopardise the adjacent healthy teeth
- They require good gum health for long term success
- Their prognosis compromised in cases where several teeth missing: long spans bridges