Dental Implants are metal prosthesis similar to screws inserted into jaw bone to act like a “tooth root”. After inserting the screw, a crown and intermediate part is attached to it and it becomes like a natural functioning tooth.
Implants carry long term good prognosis if they are planned properly by a skilled professional. At our practice, we are privileged to have Dr Hashemi, who has long track record of placing implants. He is bi-qualified medical/dental and his main focus is on implants and oral surgery only.
Advantages of Implants
- Better chewing than dentures and bridges
- Predictable long term success
- Fixed option solution. i.e no need to remove at night
- Independent of other teeth. i.e it preserves other teeth from cutting to make a bridge
- Can replace just 1 or several teeth
- Implants can be used as anchors to hold bridges or dentures
- It preserves jaw bone volume, by stopping the natural shrinking process that occurs when teeth lost
How is it done?
- Planning : to determine the bone volume and nerves and sinus location.
- Inserting the implant through a small cut in the gum and leave to heal and integrate for three months.
- Taking a mould of the implant to construct a crown
- Fitting the crown two weeks later.